Process & Fees

Step-by-Step for Developers

Developing a larger area with multiple buildings, commercial construction, partitions or sub-divisions? Permit reviews will be necessary. Find tools for the process here.

Projects in Unincorporated Areas

Clean Water Services’ jurisdiction or in the cities of Banks, Gaston, Durham, King City, or North Plains.

  • Step 1: All projects require Environmental Review. The result of the environmental review process will be a Service Provider Letter (SPL).
  • Step 2: Contact your county or city for Land Use review.
  • Step 3: Once Land Use has been approved by the appropriate jurisdiction, submit a Site Development permit application. 
  • Step 4: Complete any applicable documents related to Easements or Private Stormwater Facilities Agreement.
  • Step 5: Once permits are issued, construction can begin. Call for inspection.

Projects in Cities

BeavertonCorneliusForest GroveHillsboroSherwoodTigard, or Tualatin*

  • Step 1: All projects require Environmental Review
  • Step 2: Contact your city for Land Use and Permit Review. 
  • Step 3: Your city will work with us to make sure standards are met. This process includes an oversight review and authorization for permits.
  • Step 4: Once your city issues permits, construction can begin, and city staff will inspect the project.

*For projects in the cities of Tualatin and Tigard, Clean Water Services staff will complete the Erosion Control Inspection.