Thank you for considering working with Clean Water Services. We are here to help along the hiring process.
Here are a few things that are important to know before you get started:
- Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in any phase of the application process should contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or TDD 503.681.3601.
- You must complete your application to be considered for a position. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Some jobs will include Supplemental Questions as part of the application process. All Supplemental Questions provided must be answered for your application to be considered.
- Application materials must be submitted by the closing date and time listed on the Job Announcement.
- Your application information will be kept confidential. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees of Clean Water Services have access to the information submitted.
- If you have any questions regarding recruitment or have trouble applying for a position, please contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are first screened for the minimum qualifications listed on the job announcement. Those applications meeting minimum qualifications will be further evaluated by both Human Resources and the Hiring Manager to determine whose work experience most closely matches the open position. In some cases, depending on the number of qualified applicants, additional evaluation methods such as requests for written materials or telephone interviews will be needed to further define the group selected for virtual or in-person interviews. Candidates selected for an interview will typically be contacted within two to three weeks of the closing date. References will be required and checked prior to a Conditional Offer of Employment being extended.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in any phase of the application process should contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or TDD 503.681.3601.
Conditional Offer of Employment
Candidates selected to fill an open position will receive a Conditional Offer of Employment pending successful completion of a criminal background screening. Some positions may also require some or all the following: an acceptable driving record, a drug/alcohol screening, the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
Employees serve an initial probationary period of 26 qualified payroll periods (approximately 12 months depending on starting date). During the probationary period an employee may be terminated at any time without right of appeal.
Some positions are represented by Teamsters Local #223.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clean Water Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, uniformed service, sexual orientation, or disability in the admission or access to the recruitment process or any aspect of employment.
In accordance with the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986, employment of any individual will be contingent upon presentation of acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization for employment.