Create a natural landscape in your yard that needs less watering and fewer chemicals and is resistant to pests and diseases. Native plants also attract birds, butterflies, and beneficial wildlife to your yard while reducing erosion and protecting water quality.
Plan Your Planting
- Remove Non-Native Invasive Plants
- Use a Native Plant Finder to choose appropriate plants.
- Plant at these density standards to establish a healthy plant community:
- square footage x 0.01 = number of trees
- square footage x 0.05 = number of shrubs
Check out the Stream Care Guide (PDF) to learn how you can further enhance your property and protect local streams. Want to add a private water quality facility to your yard? Explore these resources to get your project started.
Request a Poster
Download this Gardening with Native Plants poster with 50 Northwest natives with their growing conditions, a list of native plant nurseries, educational workshops, annual native plant sales, and a reference guide. For a free full-size print, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503.681. 3600.