If an industry has a spill, slug discharge, unauthorized discharge, or any other discharge beyond the normal permitted operation, Clean Water Services must be notified as soon as possible.
Business Hours Procedure
Follow these procedures for discharges occurring between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays:
- Immediately notify Clean Water Services Environmental Services Program at 503.681.5175.
- Provide the following information:
- Date, time, and location of the spill
- Type, volume, and concentration of waste discharged
- What corrective action has been taken
- Industrial contact person’s name and telephone number
After Hours Procedure
Follow these procedures for discharges occurring after normal business hours, during holidays, or on weekends:
Call the CWS main office at 503.681.3600. After hours, you will be connected to the CWS answering service. Be sure to inform the answering service that a potential emergency exists, giving them the information for items 1-4 above.