- Please note the public hearing to provide testimony regarding setting Final Reimbursement Charges has been moved from April 18 to May 16, 2023 at 10 am.
Clean Water Services (CWS) coordinated construction of a new sanitary sewer with the County Roadway Project to widen and improve NW Cornell Road between 102nd Avenue and 113th Avenue. The sewer work was completed in July 2022 and the benefiting property owners were notified by a Notice of Sewer Availability letter dated July 21, 2022.
The cost of construction for a new sanitary sewer is the responsibility of the property owner who the sewer will serve. To recover a portion of the cost, on March 16, 2021, the CWS Board of Directors adopted Resolution and Order 21-7 forming the Reimbursement District (PDF) for this project. On April 25, 2023, the Board is scheduled to hold the second public hearing (PDF), consider testimony, and take action on a Resolution and Order to set the Final Reimbursement Charges (PDF).
The sewer work in the contract was approximately $270,000 higher than the original cost estimate. CWS worked with the contractor to install the sewer by an alternative method, saving approximately $60,000. Another $150,000 is proposed to be absorbed by CWS. The Final Reimbursement Charges (FRC) (PDF) increased 9.7% from the Estimated Reimbursement Charge (ERC).
Please carefully review the information below and contact us if you have follow-up questions or concerns:
- Learn broadly about Reimbursement Districts in this fact sheet (PDF).
- Read more about project drivers and read a summary of the Reimbursement District process specific to the construction of this project in the project overview (PDF).
- Review even more details about Reimbursement Districts in the 23-page text of Ordinance 43 (PDF).
- Explore impacts on the area in this aerial view of the sewer project (PDF), which shows the locations of both Phase 1 and Phase 2, and the affected properties map (PDF), which shows the Reimbursement District boundary and properties that are “specially benefited” by the construction.
- View more in-depth details specific to the NW Cornell Road at 107th Sanitary Sewer RD in the Final Engineering Report (PDF). This report reflects the final project costs (PDF) and reimbursement charges by owner.
- View detailed plans for the sewer for Phase 1 Construction (PDF) and Phase 2 Construction (PDF). Final as-built plans for Phase 2 will be available following completion of the roadway work.
- Phase 1 was completed November 2021.
- Phase 2 Sewer Work completed July 20, 2022
- July 21, 2022, Notice of Sewer Availability issued
- May 16, 2023, Public Hearing to adopt Final Reimbursement Charges
- July 20, 2023, Final Date to be connected to receive early connection incentive
- July 20, 2023, Deadline to sign financing agreement to make loan payments and receive “early connection incentive” for a vacant lot
- March 31, 2024, Deadline to apply for DEQ Septic System Conversion Grant (More information forthcoming)
- September 30, 2026, Deadline to be connected to utilize DEQ Septic System Conversion Grant funds (More information forthcoming)
Sign up for our email list to get updates directly to your inbox by emailing “subscribe” to CornellSanitaryRD@cleanwaterservices.org.
Construction Information: Tammie Wilson 503.681.3636
Reimbursement District & Financial Information: Katie Ragsdale 503.681.5116