Design & Construction Standards
Clean Water Services' Design and Construction Standards describe the administrative and technical requirements for the design and construction of residential or commercially developed sanitary and surface water management systems, erosion control methods and vegetated corridors.
- To request a CD of the complete Design and Construction Standards for $10.00, please call 503.681.5100
Design & Construction Standards Update
Standards are periodically revised to incorporate changes in permits, and to reflect new technologies, approaches and development patterns. Clean Water Services is currently conducting a two-phase update, with Phase 1 completed in March 2017 and Phase 2 continuing until April 2019. Learn more about the process, timeline and key topics.
In March 2017, the Board approved Resolution & Order 17-05, which adopted Phase 1 revisions to the Standards. Projects submitted for plan review on or after April 22, 2017 will be reviewed using the Standards adopted in R&O 17-05. Projects submitted for plan review prior to April 22, 2017 will be reviewed using the Standards adopted by R&O 07-20.
Current Design & Construction Standards - R&O 17-05
R&O 17-05 & Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 (PDF, 80KB) - General Requirements and Administrative Provisions
- Chapter 2 (PDF, 118KB) - Administrative Procedures
- Chapter 3 (PDF, 257KB) - Sensitive Areas and Vegetated Corridors
- Chapter 4 (PDF, 114KB) - Runoff Treatment and Control
- Chapter 5 (PDF, 101KB) - Conveyance Design
- Chapter 6 (PDF, 63KB) - Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control
- Chapter 7 (PDF, 49KB) - General Construction Specifications
- Chapter 8 (PDF, 112KB) - Technical Specifications for Conveyance Systems
- Chapter 9 (PDF, 2343KB) - Wastewater Pump Stations and Force Mains
- Chapter 10 (PDF, 17KB) - Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) Systems
Appendix A - Planting Requirements
Appendix B - Standard Details
- Index (PDF, 28KB)
- All Details (PDF, 13.6MB)
- Standard Details 010-090 (PDF, 747KB)
- Standard Details 100-190 (PDF, 555KB)
- Standard Details 200-270 (PDF, 442KB)
- Standard Details 300-400 (PDF, 593KB)
- Standard Details 500-620 (PDF, 847KB)
- Standard Details 700-790 (PDF, 1.04MB)
- Standard Details 800-895 (PDF, 1.45MB)
- Standard Details 900-950 (PDF, 1.01MB)
- Standard Details 1001-1011 (PDF, 782KB)
- Standard Details 1070-1075 (PDF, 3.23MB)
- Standard Details 1076-1081 (PDF, 2.41MB)
- Standard Details 1100-1285 (PDF, 813KB)
- Standard Details in PNG format (ZIP, 7.85MB)
- Standard Details in DWG Format for AutoCAD users
Low Impact Development Approaches Handbook
Clean Water Services and its partners completed the Low Impact Development Approaches (LIDA) Handbook to promote sustainable development practices for the Tualatin River Watershed in 2009. The LIDA Handbook is a supplement to the Clean Water Services' Design and Construction Standards and is to be used in conjunction with the Standards, other applicable regulations and local codes.
Erosion Control Manual
Design & Construction Standards Prior to April 22, 2017
Projects submitted for plan review prior to April 22, 2017 will be reviewed using the Standards adopted by R&O 07-20.