When it rains, what goes on the ground, goes into the river. Rain, overwatering, and pressure washing around your house can wash fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and other pollutants into storm drains and right to our rivers and streams.
There are lots of ways to dig in and help keep our water clean from your own yard:
- Use fewer chemicals and leave grass clippings on your lawn.
- Use Nature-Friendly Home and Yard Care (PDF).
- Grow your plants with a stream-friendly fertilizer.
- Garden with native plants.
- Email us or call 503.681.3600 to request a free Gardening with Native Plants poster with 50 Northwest natives with their growing conditions, a list of native plant nurseries, educational workshops, annual native plant sales, and a reference guide.