Limited Development Review
Limited Development Review is required for minor development activities that do not require Site Development Review. Projects that do require Limited Development Review include:
- Deck additions
- Retaining walls
- Additions to residential dwellings
- Detached accessory structures
- Replacement dwellings
- New single family dwellings
- Sanitary or storm laterals: new, repair, replacement, or disconnection
- Grading and excavation on sites less than 1acre
- Demolition of structures
- Additions on commercial properties that are less than 1,000 square feet
Purpose of Review
- To conduct an Environmental Review.
- To determine if the project will be constructed on public sanitary and stormwater pipes or easements benefiting Clean Water Services. Structures, including overhangs, shall remain a minimum of 7.5 feet from the centerline of the pipe.
- To determine if the project will need to treat stormwater runoff
- To determine if the project requires one or more of the following permits:
- Stormwater Inspection Permit
- Erosion Control Inspection Permit
- Line Tap Inspection Permit
- Disconnection Inspection Permit
- Connection Permit (System Development Charges for Sanitary or Surface Water Management)
- Sensitive Area Pre-Screening Site Assessment Form (or Sensitive Area Certification Form if applicable, refer to Environmental Review)
- Site Plan, to scale, that shows:
- Property Lines
- Project work limits
- Proposed development
This review is conducted at the same time as the Environmental Review and has a five business day review period.
Only with CWS staff approval may a permanent structure be placed on or above a sanitary sewer or storm and surface water management easement. An approved encroachment must not limit CWS access to the facility for maintenance and repair. Approval is required for buildings and elevated structures such as decks and overhangs. To apply, submit information about the size and reason for the requested encroachment with the fee.
Applicable plan review and permit fees are due at the end of the review. The following fees are charged, as applicable:
- Connection and Inspection Permit Fees
- Stormwater Review Fee - required for projects that create or modify 1,000 square feet or greater of impervious surfaces (such as roofs and driveways)
- Private Stormwater Facilities Agreement Recording Fee - required when water quality treatment is provided on-site
Current fee amounts are listed in Rates and Charges (PDF, 925KB), At a Glance (PDF, 1MB) and Review and Inspection Fees (PDF, 135KB).