Limited Development Review
Limited Development Review is required for minor development activities that do not require Site Development Review. Projects that do require Limited Development Review include:
- Deck additions
- Retaining walls
- Additions to residential dwellings
- Detached accessory structures
- Replacement dwellings
- New single family dwellings
- Sanitary or storm laterals: new, repair, replacement, or disconnection
- Grading and excavation on sites less than 1acre
- Demolition of structures
- Additions on commercial properties that are less than 1,000 square feet
Purpose of Review
- To conduct an Environmental Review.
- To determine if the project will be constructed on public sanitary and stormwater pipes or easements benefiting Clean Water Services. Structures, including overhangs, shall remain a minimum of 7.5 feet from the centerline of the pipe.
- To determine if the project requires one or more of the following permits:
- Erosion Control Inspection Permit
- Line Tap Inspection Permit
- Disconnection Inspection Permit
- Connection Permit (System Development Charges for Sanitary or Surface Water Management)
- Sensitive Area Pre-Screening Site Assessment Form (or Sensitive Area Certification Form if applicable, refer to Environmental Review)
- Site Plan, to scale, that shows:
- Property Lines
- Project work limits
- Proposed development
This review is conducted at the same time as the Environmental Review and has a 1-5 business day review period.
Only with CWS staff approval may a permanent structure be placed on or above a sanitary sewer or storm and surface water management easement. An approved encroachment must not limit CWS access to the facility for maintenance and repair. Approval is required for buildings and elevated structures such as decks and overhangs. To apply, submit information about the size and reason for the requested encroachment with the fee.
There is no application fee or money due for the review. If permits are required, the applicable permit fee will be due when you pick up the permit(s).