Ready for Rain?
Get your home ready for rain and help prevent neighborhood flooding with these tips:
- Clear leaves and yard debris off streets and storm drains.
- Clear gutters and downspouts.
- Keep yard debris and leaf piles away from drainage ditches and streams so that rising water does not carry the material downstream and block a culvert.
- Bring leaves, grass clippings and pine needles to a free Leaf Disposal and Food Drive November 17 or December 1.
During heavy rains, Clean Water Services crews are standing by 24 hours a day at 503.547.8100 to respond to flooding problems that threaten public health, safety or property. If rising water occurs:
- Visit a self-serve sand station located throughout Washington County. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation and availability of sand and bags. Please note: The sand is for FLOODING PREVENTION USE ONLY. Remember to bring your own shovel.
- If water is more than a few inches deep, give us a call at 503.547.8100. Never stand on a storm drain or try to remove it.
Learn more about flood risk, emergency preparedness and insurance on our Flood Facts page.